10 Reasons Not To Own the Breed.
A 1. Barking This Breed are nocturnal barkers. Females bark much more than males.
This is a big problem for people who keep dogs in yards at nite... vs in home
Did you know your town could fine you ,if your dog barks for more than 15 minutes during certain times?
2. Shedding. Once a Year they blow a coat that is politely called a FUR STORM.
3. Size. Males 100-150-lbs allot of dog to take care of. My males don't fit in a normal size car.
Allot of dog to have around family members they may not understand BIG Dog Mentality.
4. Fencing.Secured Fencing this breed needs Minimum 6 foot chain link , stockade ,field fencing with
hot wire. Underground, 4ft,split rail Simply is NOT good enough
5. Bad Start. Founded in sheer numbers in 1995 by a later convicted Puppymiller Anna Frumina. azam, rusdog,mky,mom.
Many dogs were bred by the hundreds with no health, or quality control ( some mutts sold as Purebreds).
Thus the vast majority of people in this breed are backyard breeders set up by her .
6 Commitment- Are you ready for the 10 plus year commitment for this breed. Money ?, fencing time?
Not for the Novice dog owner , Above Average dog for above Average owner.
7. Hip Dysphasia is Genetic BIG Dog inherited disease . All Parents must be screened & info passed on to buyers.
New russian alabai are bigger and have more issues like Elbow and shouler issues and heart issues. 200 lbs range of new breed Alabai
8 Behavior: Severe difference in temperaments due to huge variance in breed types in this breed..
Traditional Livestock Nomadic lines great family dogs for USA. predicable, Lives well in alpha Packs.
New Factory bred created dog fighting lines. Due to BSL not great for USA, Unpredictable ,
Solitary kennel life dogs bred from factory fighting lines are not suitable for US Families.
Don't judge the whole breed by the 1 type. VISIT your Breeder!!
But if you don't have the patience to learn the difference between the good the bad & the UGLY in this breed .
Please do NOT buy this breed. Not easily trainable for high level of Obedience.
9. Digging . Like flower beds or nice lawns. No more this breed loves to DIG
10. The fact that I even had to put this page up shows you we are not doing so good.